Friday, May 15, 2009

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing


I had a craving for cake - well cupcakes to be exact! I really wanted to come up with a pumpkin cake recipe so I decided to pull out all my cookbooks and look over some cake recipes. I love fooling around with recipes till they are exactly what I want - the results tonight? Delicious!
Pumpkin Cake (or Cupcakes!!)
4 Eggs
1 cup White sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
½ cup Margarine
½ cup Sour cream
2 cups Pure pumpkin

3 cups Flour
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt

Beat eggs and sugar till thick and frothy. Combine margarine, sour cream and pumpkin and mix well. Add egg mixture, mix well.

Combine all dry ingredients and shift into wet ingredients. Stir until well incorporated (but do not over mix).

Pour into cake pans, muffin tins, whatever you desire and bake at 350 till a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of the cake.

Let cool before icing. My ideas – Cream Cheese Icing or Maple Butter Cream
Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Christine


1 comment: