Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My FAVORITE Peanut Butter Cookies

Well if you know me at all (or have read any of my cookie posts) you know that I LOVE COOKIES! It’s an addiction really, I love to bake cookies and I love eating cookies, honestly I can't even tell you which I love more. I don’t know what I am going to do when all my kids move out and I have no one to help me eat all those cookies! Although my dear son Jesse promises to live within walking distance of my house so that him and his kids can come to our house for after school and work snacks, bless his thoughtful heart.

Out of all the cookies I make, the simplest is always the best.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup margarine, softened
1 cup peanut butter
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup white sugar
2 eggs

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 – 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)

Cream together margarine, peanut butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour, baking soda and chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.

Drop tablespoon amounts onto cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 7 – 9 minutes.

Enjoy with a big glass of milk!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment