So my dear sister was up thinking about goals last night and it got me to thinking. What exactly are my goals of what I want to do? I am always telling my husband and kids that if they need a plan of what they want and how to get there. I admit, I love lists, I especially love writing other people lists, although the feedback that I have gotten is that others do not especially love my lists, hmmmm.
So as my birthday is coming up, and as my dear son Jesse informed me, soon I will be closer to 40 then I am to 30 (lovely son eh?) and therefore am running out of years to get things done in my 30’s. Besides that, I have big plans for when all these kids are adults ,and seeing that I will be a mere 40 when my youngest turns 18, I think that I will make my list a ten year list.
Things I want to do over the next 10 years:
1. Buy a boat – I am not sure what type of boat I want, but at this point I would be happy with anything from a kayak to a motorboat.
2. Take up skiing – I have always regretted not knowing how to ski, but I am a bit clumsy and I have always worried that I would severely injure or kill myself. Plus, it is an expensive hobby, one that we have not been able to afford to indulge.
3. Go to England and drink tea and eat crumpets - well I would actually do more than that, but that would be a good place to start.
4. Run a marathon – well at least a half marathon. Actually writing that as a goal seems kind of scary.
5. Learn sign language – Tia started to teach me, but I am old and forget things fast that I don’t use. I need to take the class I think.
6. Learn how to play chess - I do “know” how to play chess, but I think a bright monkey may be able to beat me. I need to know how to play to win.
7. Learn my geography! It is embarrassing that I seem to have no ability to retain where things are in this great world we live in. I am going to buy a HUGE map to mount in my family room as a good start.
8. Read at least 20 “classics” and form my own opinions of them.
9. Go to the symphony.
10. Get my first face lift – he, he, he. Okay, very vain, shallow and frivolous, but hey, it is still a goal :)
11. See at least one of my children get married and have the gift of my first grandchild. Okay, I realize that this is not within my control – but maybe I could put it on their 10 year plan???
12. Go on an Alaskan cruise.
13. Read the entire Bible (I have to admit that I have skipped some of it).
14. Go to Italy with Jerry and Dar.
15. Learn how to drive a motorcycle and drive across Canada with my hubby.
16. See the Maritimes (Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island).
17. See the Grand Canyon.
18. Go skydiving (maybe…).
19. See a whale in the wild.
20. Travel the Southern States and try “Southern food”.
21. Go somewhere tropical on vacation, somewhere with long, hot, white beaches where they serve liquored drinks with little umbrellas in them.
22. Be a tourist in New York for a weekend.
I guess we will see how much of this list I get done...I want to do alot of traveling, there were lots of other places I could have added, but I rained myself in a bit.
Have a great weekend everyone!