Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When only chocolate will do!!!

You know those times were only chocolate will due??? Well tonight was one of those nights!

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and no amount of coffee seemed to fix my mood, all the kids argued with me and with each other this morning, traffic was bad while I was driving them to school and road rage seemed to be rearing its ugly head, I got home to find out that one of my dogs threw up on the carpet - twice, cleaned it up to have the other dog start throwing up…super great, fiddled my morning away doing nothing productive other than receiving yet ANOTHER dog who promptly lifted his leg and peed on the side of my chair (thanks mom and dad!...have a nice trip...by yourself...with room service...and no barfing dogs), left to go do lunch room and got told it was going to be an OUTDOOR recess (well it is only -22C with the wind chill, so come on, OF COURSE it is not too cold to be outside!), came home and found my eldest sitting at the computer doing NOTHING productive (oops, forgot he a half-day at school), told him that I needed to go upstairs and be by myself for a bit and try and do some work, dogs barked continuously...at each other...at my son, at people/dogs outside...at the wind moving the trees, went to go get the younger three from school and praise the Lord all three boys left the minute we got home to have dinner with Granny (proof the Lord is merciful!)...so I did the only thing I could do - MAKE COOKIES!!!

My closest friends know that I make alot of cookies (and therefore eat alot of cookies), but I especially feel the desire to make cookies when celebrating special occasions, like the kids first day of school in the fall, or on those days where nothing goes right and having a warm cookie (okay, cookies) is the only fix. There is something therapeutic for me in the mixing and measuring, the smells that fill my entire house, and finally that first bite...like a little gift from heaven!

So tonight, after my day, I needed some serious chocolate and made Double Chocolate Espresso Fudge cookies…yum…do we need any further proof that God IS good!

Christine

Double Chocolate Espresso Fudge Cookies:

1 ¼ cup Margarine
2 cups Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 ½ tbsp Instant Espresso powder

¾ cup Cocoa powder, sifted
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking soda
½ tsp Salt
1 – 2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips (depending on your preference)

Cream margarine and sugar together, add vanilla, eggs and espresso and blend till smooth and fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 375F for 7 – 8 minutes or until outsides are done but the middle is still gooey. Eat. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. So, how many did you eat? And considering that I, too, was having "a day," where the heck are my cookies?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to you originally from my friend's blog - The House that God Built (whom Titus2:3-5 follows) and saw your chocolate post. YUM! Thanks for posting the recipe I am a HUGE chocolate fan.

    I wanted also to applaud you for posting your testimony. It's beautiful. To Him be the glory!!
    Stef

    ReplyDelete