Saturday, August 15, 2009

My 100th Post

.

Here is what my daughter thought I did to my hair back in the 80's - pretty close eh? All I need is some blue eyeshadow, black mascara and hot pink lipstick and I may just pull it off! Time has flown by here in blogger world, and for my 100th post I will do something that I have enjoyed reading from others...

100 Things You May Not Know About Me:

1. I always have my toenails polished, and have since I have been 13 or 14. The longest I have gone without polish on my toes is maybe 4 hours and it drove me crazy!

2. I love to dance around my house - the fact that it drives my kids crazy is an added bonus :)

3. I am a bit of a sci-fi freak...I love the Star Wars movies, the Star Gate Series, the Matrix movies. My husband and eldest son like sci-fi movies, I must have got it from them!

4. I love musicals - Annie, Sound of Music, Oliver and Disney movies like the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast are a few of my favorites.

5. I am a cookie freak - and have been known to down up to a dozen homemade cookies, fresh from the oven in no time flat.

6. I serve cake for breakfast...this one is my dad's fault, he would always let my sister and I have cake for breakfast the day after our birthdays and the habit just sort of stuck. Soooo good with a cup of coffee.

7. I hate gardening - there is not much worse of a chore to me then weeding!

8. I love to read romance novels - my heart just melts.

9. I would rather get practical gifts than romantic ones - I would take a new vacuum over a piece of jewelry any day!

10. I got a new frying pan for Mother's day and was over the moon.

11. I drink coffee till 10:30ish then switch to tea for the rest of the day.

12. I was raised with alot of British roots - tea and scones anyone?

13. My favorite people to hang out with are my kids :)

14. I love watching my middle boys together, they remind me of my sister and I, watching them together soothes my soul on those over hectic days - a blessing strait from God!

15. My middle boys, Jesse and Justin, are step-brothers - Jesse was almost named Justin.

16. Although I love talking and being with others, I love my own company and hanging by myself.
17. I spend way too much time agonizing about the wrinkles on my forehead - very silly, very vain, I know.

18. When I walk I like to do so with purpose - walk like you are going somewhere!

19. I turned 34 this February.

20. I am a bit of a clean freak.

21. Piles make me go a little bit batty.

22. When I am upset my kids tell me I remind them of Storm off the X-men.

23. I have a very bad temper, which through Gods grace I can normally control.

24. Maybe my hair should be red?
25. I have a tendency to be a bit over dramatic.

26. Two of my children have gotten this trait from me - the three of us drive the other three crazy!

27. My first love language is Acts of Service.

28. When my sister comes to visit she always makes me my bedtime tea (cause she loves me so).

29. Everyone in my family are great cooks, but I am the only one who loves to bake.

30. I love going to the Rocky mountains - I can feel God's presence wash over me.

31. I am not naturally organized - I must work hard at it.

32. I was a hyperactive child.

33. I was a total dare devil and drove my parents batty!

34. I got a child just like me, now he is driving me batty!

35. I tend to lean on the side of being an over protective parent.

36. I am glad I had my kids young (all four by the time I was 22), I was more easy going and went with the flow more back in my 20's.

37. By the time I am 40 my youngest child will be 18 and my eldest will be 23.

38. I am going to look fabulous when I am 40 so no one thinks that those kids could be mine!

39. Some of eldest son, Brandon, friends saw us walking together one evening and teased him at school the next day thinking I was his girlfriend - he was mortified and traumatized by the entire event!
40. I have a precious little girl named after me - Megan Christine - she is soo much like me.

41. When my feelings get hurt I normally act angry.

42. I love double espresso lattes sprinkled with cinnamon.

43. I love to make homemade soup, but I don't enjoy eating it.

44. I didn't like meat till I was pregnant with my first child.

45. My sister did not like veggies and so her and I would switch my meat for her veggies when my parents were not looking.

46. When I was around 10 or 11 I put on a pair of my mother's pantyhose and ran up and down the street with them on - I felt guilty for years about doing it, still kind of do!

47. I have lived in the same city since I have been 5, but I was born in Ottawa, Ontario and then moved to the North West Territories, then to Florida before moving to Alberta.

48. I grew up with only girls around me, my parents friends had all girls too, my first experience with boys were my own - needless to say I was a bit shocked!

49. When my boys where little I thought they might kill me they were so naughty and busy!

50. All of my boys have broken a bone - two needed surgery to fix it!

51. My daughter is alot like me and it scares the heck out of me!
52. I have a psychology degree with a minor is sociology.

53. I met my BFF in college.

54. My husband and I met when I was 14 - he was 17 so I lied about my age and told him I was 16, I confessed a couple of days later.

55. I was a rebellious teenager and still sometimes have to fight a rebellious spirit.

56. I love that my husband grows a beard.

57. I love to go for walks or hikes.

58. I am pretty good at checkers, but all my boys can beat me at chess.

59. My kids think I am the best cook in the world!

60. I am not good at taking pictures.

61. I love taking day trips.

62. I love visiting historical sites, reading historical novels, and basically daydreaming about historical times.

63. When electronics do not work for me I tend to smack or hit them in order in an attempt to make them work - this causes my husband and eldest son great trauma.

64. I don't like the cold and the snow, but I don't think I could live somewhere that doesn't get snow.
65. When I get overwhelmed or down I dream of running off to an island where there is nobody else there.

66. I'm a screamer - I startle easy and scream in my shock. I do this in movies alot and have scared the pants off those around me and embarrassed my poor kids (he, he, he). When I saw Narnia and the fox jumped out I scream so loud and jumped so high I startled the entire theater!

67. I don't like black pens.

68. I LOVE being a mom!

69. Even though I got pregnant very young, I was overjoyed and took to motherhood right away.

70. Learning to become a good wife has not come as easily.

71. I still have a hard time convincing myself there is nothing "under my bed".

72. One of my favorite foods are hamburgers with mayo, pickles, hot peppers and Tabasco sauce.

73. I click my nails when I am upset or stressed.

74. My favorite Christmas treat is butter tarts right out of the oven (yum).

75. My favorite cake is vanilla with vanilla frosting.

76. I clean when I am irritated or cranky.

77. Sometimes my house is REALLY clean!

78. I like to write boring research papers (don't know why).

79. We have two dogs - but I am really more of a cat person.

80. I get really motion sick - in cars, planes and amusement rides.

81. The older I get the worse it is - even watching others twirl around now can make me sick!
82. I love getting back rubs.

83. I love looking through old cookbooks -the older the better.

84. The only thing I don't like tossing out or getting rid of is books.

85. I have always wanted a small library in my house with one of those moving ladders like off of Beauty and the Beast.

86. I have always love taking long showers, I find it more relaxing then a bath.

87. I have always wanted to live on a rocky cliff overlooking the ocean so I could hear the crashing of the waves.

88. I have always wanted to visit Scotland and Ireland...maybe when the kids are grown.

89. When I was younger everyone told me I should become a lawyer.
90. I love laying in the sun and napping...aaahhh.

91. I love laying in my bed in the morning and always find it hard to get up.

92. I think old cars and trucks are cool.

93. I can't carry a tune very well, but have always loved singing when no one is listening :)

94. My daughter knows how to use my phone better than I do - and she is 11.
95. I often dream of what it would be like to win lots the lottery (but I have never bought a ticket before, imagine that!).

96. When I was little I told my parents that I must have been switched at the hospital and my real family was rich and would eventually find me.

97. I am still a bit afraid of open back stairs - I watched People Under the Stairs in my youth and it scared the wits out of me!

98. I make melt in your mouth cheesecake (honest !!) - my favorite is eggnog cheesecake at Christmas (chocolate swirl and mocha are my families favorites).

99. I still love to climb and would love to go mountain climbing with my family.

100. Some of my favorite memories with my kids are turning the music up real loud and dancing around the kitchen with cleaning up after dinner.
Thanks for reading everyone!
Christine

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting! AND... that is a good picture of you too, you look so young a nd pretty.... I also drink coffee until 10:30-ish but then switch to diet coke and I make cheesecakes too. We need to compare recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm...were we separated at birth?! Seriously, we are so much alike it's not even funny! A few of the things we have in common are I drink two cups of coffee then switch to sweet tea, I'm a clean freak, my oldest daughter is named after me (Megan Elizabeth) and is a mini version of myself, I don't like cold weather, I get motion sick very easy especially in the car, and I love to look through old cookbooks! We should hang out sometime ;)

    Congratulations on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 posts already??? Wow! Your post made me hungry. And we love cranking up the music here, too!

    Oh, and my little miss Megan Christine...she's got a wee bit of that #25 in her, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow,..coegrats Christ about your 100 post.
    but than ur baking,..i more interested with ur face..ha..ha..
    still so beauty,..like a movie star..he.he..
    mmmh..chaterine "zettazone"..he..

    sorry just kiddin'..

    but really,.."cantik banget.".!! he,he ( indonesian..!!)..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! At last I got a weblog from where I know how
    to genuinely get useful data regarding my study and knowledge.



    my page ... workouts to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete