Friday, July 9, 2010

Two Week Challenge - Update

So for the last five days I have been trying very hard to eat better, not just better, but with more awareness of what I put in my mouth. I have realized that I have become desensitized to what I have been eating in our over processed food society.

This week I planed meals with fresh cuts of meat, fish, lots of veggies and lots of snacks of fruits and nuts...but wow...this is harder then I thought!

So I was just wondering...I wanted to take a poll, do you think I could sneak a couple of Tim Horton donuts, a half a bag of salt and vinegar chips (eaten while shopping), a meal of KFC and a couple of hot dogs into the "whole foods" category???

No matter how much I bake and cook for myself, I am realizing how much I depend on others to supply me with my families food. So I am going to keep on doing this challenge, encouraged that I have become much more aware and am thinking more about what I put in my body. How is everyone else doing?

Christine

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Those foods are absolutely whole...junk. Is it wrong that part of me is gleeful that I won you over to the junk food lovers of the world? The other part of me does truly feel bad about ruining your palette. ;)

    ReplyDelete